Content for this article from the National Day of Prayer Task Force, Ronnie Floyd, President.
While Thursday, May 3, is our National Day of Prayer, we must be vigilant to pray for America consistently and even daily. These are our four major prayer priorities for America in the month of May. Oh, wouldn’t it be incredible if millions of Americans could unite in prayer this month for the Lord to move in these four major areas in America? Tell your friends, share these prayer points with them, with pastors, church leaders, business and educational leaders. Let’s join in clear agreement, visible union, and extraordinary prayer for these priorities during May.
1. ASK GOD TO BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord—the people He has chosen to be His own possession!” Psalm 33:12
- Ask God to bless America mercifully and give favor to the United States of America.
- Ask God to bless America spiritually in a new and fresh way and move us to return to the Lord our God.
- Ask God to bless America by raising up godly leaders in all areas of our nation: locally, regionally, statewide, and nationally.
- Ask God to bless America economically so that all people in our nation will be blessed and so we can be a blessing to the entire world.
- Ask God to bless America by securing our nation from all evil and harm from within our nation and from outside; please Lord, continue to bring resolve in the North Korea issue.
2. PRAY FOR UNITY IN AMERICA
“Making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
- The present spiritual crisis in America is calling us to pray for and take all necessary actions to come together as a nation.
- God is the only One who can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America; therefore, we look only to Him in prayer.
- Call upon God to empower us to make every effort to live in unity, call for unity, and continually forward unity in America.
3. PRAY FOR THE CENTERS OF INFLUENCE IN AMERICA
“First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Pray for the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the United States government.
- Pray for America’s military, its leaders, and all personnel to be protected by God, and for the courage to depend upon God.
- Pray for the members of our media in America to be life-giving truth bearers and unity contributors.
- Pray for America’s businesses to have leaders of integrity, be creators of economic blessing, and givers to the community.
- Pray for America’s centers of education to be truth-centered, excellence-driven, and bearers of opportunities.
- Pray for the churches of America to be gospel-centered in message, disciple-makers in mission, and Spirit-empowered to unity.
- Pray for the families in America to return to the biblical model, reconcile with one another, and be restored to love and unity.
4. ASK GOD FOR THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER ON THURSDAY, MAY 3, TO BECOME A CATALYTIC SPIRITUAL MOVEMENT ACROSS AMERICA
“They all were continually united in prayer.” Acts 1:14
- Lord, we ask You to unify Your Church in America, so the Church can call our nation to unity on the National Day of Prayer and in the future.
- Lord, we ask You to move each of us to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit personally in our families, churches, workplaces, and communities.
- Lord, we ask You to empower our National Day of Prayer volunteers who will lead and serve in thousands upon thousands of observances on May 3.
- Lord, we ask You to use and anoint Dr. Ronnie Floyd, the President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as he provides leadership the entire week; but, most importantly the National Observance of the National Day of Prayer in historic Statuary Hall in the US Capitol Building in Washington, DC, on Thursday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
- Lord, we ask You give to Dr. Floyd the exact words needed for every media interview related to the National Day of Prayer.
- Lord, we ask You to use the thousands upon thousands of observances of the National Day of Prayer to be a catalytic spiritual movement across America, ushering in the revival of the Church and the next Great Spiritual Awakening in America.
Click HERE for the original article.