Flooding in Louisiana Summer 2016
Photo from LA Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
The city of Denham Springs is one of the hardest-hit areas of Southern Louisiana.
The current flooding in Louisiana is devastating and causing untold destruction and heartache. The statement below comes from John Hebert, State Director of Missions for Louisiana Baptists:
By now I’m sure you have heard about the disastrous flooding we have had in Louisiana due to the low pressure system that just sat on South Louisiana and poured out over 2’ of rain in some places and 18-22” in most. I flew over the area last evening and you simply can’t imagine what 50,000 flooded homes look like (and you don’t want to either). But, that’s what we have here. The flooding runs across almost half of the southern part of the state...
If you are looking to volunteer, please contact the Louisiana Baptists to see where you can help. You may also want to consider connecting with Ohio Disaster Relief to be trained and ready when disasters strike in the future.
- Mud Out Team in Louisiana : 2 years 2 months ago
- Ohio Baptists Return from Louisiana Floods : 2 years 2 months ago
- Chaplains Returning from Louisiana - Update : 2 years 2 months ago
- Chaplaincy/Assessors for Louisiana Summer 2016 : 2 years 2 months ago
- Louisiana Floods - How Can I Help? : 2 years 3 months ago